1. Contact O'Carrolls Cakes....to check if your date is available. We do get booked up very quickly and we now receive enquiries 1-2 years in advance. However, we still get bookings with less than a months notice so we can provisionally note your date for this year, whilst we firm up the details with you. However, a confirmed booking is only secured with a deposit.
We recommend that you contact us at least 6 - 12 months before your date. Deposits are fully refundable if your date is cancelled at least six months before the wedding.
2. Make An Appointment....to discuss your specific requirements in more detail. We prefer to meet couples in person, particularly if you are unsure as to what you might want, as this can lead to a conversation about all kinds of different ideas and options that do not actually add any extra to the initial cost. That said, it still amazes us how easy it can be to organise a wedding cake by email and without ever meeting the couple face to face, which is very helpful for couples planning their wedding from abroad. Appointments are easier to arrange Sunday to Wednesday and October to March. Appointments between April and September are available but are limited as these are our busiest months.
3. Choose The Design and Finish....buttercream cream wedding cakes continue to be popular particularly when decorated with fresh flowers for a simple and elegant finish. There are lots of design options for chocolate cakes including chocolate flowers and decorating with more contemporary shapes and patterns. The more traditional fondant covered cakes can be decorated with ribbons and bows, brooches and diamonte bands, lace icing onlays, and ruffles and draped fabric effect fondant. Alternatively, adding a splash of vibrant coloured fondant can give a more modern look.
We also make cupcake towers, dessert towers, semi-naked cakes, and dummy cakes as well as unique and original designs if you already have an idea in mind.
4. Choose Your Flavour Combinations....we can give you a list of the popular flavours we get asked for or we can work with you to develop a totally new flavour combination. Its always good to try the flavours beforehand and we do not charge any extra for a box of samples (upto six different flavours). We provide allergen information before ordering, at confirmation of the order and upon delivery to the venue.
5. Finalise Your Design.....we will email you a summary of the details of your wedding cake, which you can check over and amend or confirm. If you would like fresh flowers then we can source these from a local florist or your own florist can supply the flowers for us to add to the cake on the day as we work regularly with the most popular florists in the area.
6. Confirm The Booking....as we strictly limit the number of wedding cakes we make each year, we can only confirm the booking is secured in the diary with a €100 deposit. The balance is payable one month before the date of the wedding. Payments can be made in cash, cheque, postal order, or online via debit or credit card. Deposits are fully refundable if the order is cancelled at least six months before the date of the wedding.
7. Delivery And Set Up.....we prefer to deliver all our wedding cakes ourselves and we do not charge extra for delivery to venues in Killarney, Kenmare and Tralee. We may need to add a small delivery charge to venues in Dingle, Sneem and Listowel if the wedding cake is less than €400. Other areas further afield will incur a delivery charge depending on location.
8. New Ideas for 2018 and beyond.....we are working on some new flavour combinations and designs including some brand new design ideas, a dummy display cake and cutting cakes option, bitesize and mini cake ideas for the drinks reception, and wedding favours, Doughnut Walls and Dessert Jars. More details to follow......
9. Guide to Prices......the following link will give you a good guide to our prices, however a detailed quote can be provided once we have a better idea of your specific requirements. Guide to Prices
10. Terms and Conditions.....a €100 deposit is required to secure / confirm the date in the diary - this can be paid at any time but the date will only become a confirmed booking upon receipt of a deposit. The balance is required one month before the date of the wedding. Cake samples are provided free of charge (choose between four to six different flavours). As many meetings, discussions as is required to finalise the details of the wedding cake. Due to the high volume of enquiries we receive - a cancellation charge of €50 will apply if a confirmed booking is cancelled less than six months before the date of the wedding, and a €100 cancellation charge will apply if a confirmed booking is cancelled less than three months before the date of the wedding. Exceptions will be considered on a case by case basis.